Throw in Rules
- Teams are made up of 3 players.
- Games run for 11 minutes with no goal reset stoppages. We do not play to a set score.
- To score you have to use the end of your mallet to strike – not push – the ball completely across the goal line.
- If you put your foot on the ground, the ball or a mallet you must tap out at the side of the court along the middle line. Always give way to other players and do not obstruct play.
- Contact is allowed, keep it clean and only on the ball: Man to man – not below the elbow on the steering arm. Mallet to mallet, hooking only no slashing or hacking. Bike to bike is forbidden. The Goalie is not on the ball at all times.
- To call a time out you must have possession of the ball, you can ask the other team to call.
- If a time out is called the ball is placed in the middle and teams reset. One player from each team jousts for it. Goalies do not need to reset.
Throw in Etiquette
- Don’t be a dick.
- Try and be on time and let others know if you won’t be.
- Don’t leave it to the same people every week to tidy the court and setup the goals.
- Once a goal has been scored ensure the scoring team has reset before you cross the line to attack.
- When shuffling teams, if your mallet is the last in the pile it’s your responsibility to throw mallets.
- Stop for injury!
- Keep your bike and gear safe, the last thing you want to do is core sample your mate or stick a loose mallet screw through his eyeball.